Still about 100 to go to get to the Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania, so perhaps 20 hours before we get an official handshake with Dr Cooper. I know at least one hardy soul has braved the weather and is waiting in Southport to escort us into town. A Brolga owner too but sort of ex - he needed a bigger boat...no accounting for taste!
We will ask permission to let off a couple of white flares when we cross our outward track in the Derwent and so complete the NWP circumnavigation and all that other stuff. Just like last time! Then Customs and the paperwork and perhaps a real bed tonight.
John, thanks for message and Landcruiser. Don't need anything thanks - I'll call you when we're in mobile range.
Still a horrible sea - really big waves but they have stopped breaking and the wind is back to 20. Now for SE Cape and the D'Entrecasteaux Channel - we'll wave to Recherche as we pass - and to Adventure on the other side across the sandspit. The forecast for tomorrow is lousy and we need to keep moving. Pity - I'd have liked to anchor once again in Cook's track.
Thanks to everyone who has sent us nice messages - even you Fenwick - have you washed since we last saw you?
There will be photos and the bloggery will continue while we are in Hobart - don't all go away! Longish to-do list but nothing huge unless we find anything when we go up on the slip.
Gordy, if you are reading this, what was that antifoul again? Text my Oz mobile +61418243600 please.